Wed, 10 Jul|
Knight's Hill Hotel & Spa King's Lynn
Hand Spinning & Wellness Retreat
Join us for two days of uninterrupted hand spinning bliss. Immerse yourself in this therapeutic, mindful craft and enjoy total relaxation with full use of the leisure suite to compliment your wellness. You will leave feeling serenely recharged.
Time & Location
10 Jul 2024, 09:00 – 11 Jul 2024, 17:00
Knight's Hill Hotel & Spa King's Lynn, Knights Hill Village, King's Lynn PE30 3HQ, UK
About the Event
We all know that crafting is good for our souls but it can often be difficult to take the time we would like to dedicate to our favourite pastimes. So this Hand Spinning & Wellness Retreat will allow you to spend two days of enjoyment and relaxation doing the craft you love, with like-minded people.
As a Retreat guest you can also make full use of the hotel leisure facilities which includes a swimming pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. You may also like to make use of our 20% discount and treat yourself to a spa treatment during your stay. The emphasis of this retreat is for you to relax, have fun and learn in the most beautiful surroundings. Read on for further information.
The Knight's Hill Hotel and Spa is situated in the picturesque area of West Norfolk with the stunning coast and countryside on the doorstep with easy access from surrounding counties. You may even like to extend your hotel stay to explore our beautiful county and its wealth of attractions. The venue offers a fabulous space in which to relax and learn being very spacious, light, quiet and accessible.
Although the emphasis of the retreat is for you to relax and take time to enjoy your crafts there will also be lots for you to learn and do too. Or you may choose to simply relax and enjoy time spinning to finish a project you haven't yet been able to perhaps, while chatting with friends old and new. The choice really is yours.
Each morning from 11am until 1pm there will be a mini workshop, which you may choose to attend or not, but I hope that you will. The workshop themes will be Fun Yarns With Purpose on Day 1 and Create With Colour on Day 2 when you may have already had the opportunity to blend colours at the Blending for Colour Work Station ( see below). You can then spend the afternoons practising these techniques knowing that I shall be on hand to support you if needed.
If you are a new spinner then this will offer the perfect opportunity for you to take that all important time to practise your new skills or even to take those first steps in learning to spin. Fellow spinners are always generous of their time and knowledge to support new spinners, and I shall of course be available to help you too so bring your wheel and prepare to fall in love with hand spinning and the supportive community that spinning creates.
There will also be two dedicated work stations; one for Carding and Combing and one for Blending for Colour. There will be a supply of fibres and tools for you to use including drum carders, hand cards, blending boards and wool combs. This may be helpful to try them first if you are deciding which tools you may like to buy. If you have your own preparation tools please bring them to use as you will be familiar with them and will help with a sufficient supply. I shall be available to demonstrate the use of all tools to ensure you get the very best preparations from your wools and fibres.
We shall have a very exciting new addition to our retreat this year; our Grand Craft Exhibition which will showcase your very own crafting projects completed for the retreat. There will be an independent judge and wonderful prizes awarded for each category and Best in Show too. It's going to be super exciting.
The theme of the exhibition will be 'Celebrating British Wool' with categories for Hand Spun Yarn of Choice, Garment, Homeware or Accessories and you may enter just one, two, three or all four categories and more than one of each if you would like to. Items may be hand spun, knitted, crocheted or woven in whatever way you can imagine. The only stipulation is that it must be made from British Wool. You are not obliged to buy wool from The Spinning Barn but if you choose to then you will receive a discount on ordering.Your entries will need to be delivered to me by June 30th 2024 to enable me to display them at their best before the event. See below for more details. There is no requirement for you to take part but I do hope that you will. So why not unleash your creativity and start planning ahead today to help celebrate our glorious British Wool!
No event would be complete without some shopping therapy so there will be equipment and fibres available to buy to either spin during your stay or take home after. Remember to save space in your suitcases!
And finally no social event is ever complete without good food so all of your refreshments and lunch are included on both days and dinner with drinks reception on the first night also. All food preferences and allergies will be catered for. Further information and a menu from which to choose will be sent to you upon booking.
We really hope that you choose to spend your valuable hand spinning time with us at this very special retreat and look forward to welcoming you.
Theresa & James
- A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 will secure your booking with the balance due by June 1st 2024. Bookings made after that date will require the full fee payable at the time of booking.
- At the time of booking you will have the choice to pay the deposit only or the full price.
- Our Gift Cards make a really useful gift for all celebratory occasions eg Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries etc and can be used when booking your retreat place. Visit https://www.thespinningbarn.co.uk/gift-card for more details.
- When you have paid your deposit you will receive a separate email in which you will find a booking form to complete, your dinner menu from which to choose, the Grand Exhibition label template and further information about how to make your balance payment.
Knight's Hill Hotel & Spa, Knight's Hill Village, King's Lynn, NORFOLK PE30 3HQ TEL 01553 675566
There are steps into the main venue area but additional flat access is available for ease of access if required. Please note any specific access requirements at the time of booking to ensure that any support is made available to you.
On site car parking with easy access to the venue. Disabled parking is available. Please ask if assistance is required.
What is included:
- Two days retreat
- Use of equipment with fibres
- All refreshments
- Lunch on both days
- Drinks reception and Dinner on 10th July. Menu to be sent upon booking. Vegan and Gluten Free options available.
- Prizes awarded on the evening of 10th July for our Grand Craft Exhibition.
- Full use of the hotel leisure facilities at the onsite Imagine Spa for hotel guests and day guests. Please inform staff that you are attending as a retreat day guest if applicable.
What is NOT included:
Accommodation is not included in the price of the retreat however the Knight's Hill Hotel has agreed a price of £95 per person per night for Double/Twin Bedroom (single occupancy) including breakfast. This arrangement will offer choice and enable guests to choose their preferred room at Knight's Hill, choose to stay at an alternative hotel or attend on a day basis if local to the area.
Contact the Hotel directly on 01553 675566 and quote The Spinning Barn Hand Spinning and Wellness Retreat to book your accommodation.
Although leisure facilities are included spa treatments are not. However Imagine Spa has kindly offered a 20% discount to retreat guests. Please be aware Spa treatments must be booked and paid for prior to the retreat. Quote Hand Spinning Retreat to secure your discount. Enjoy!
What To Bring:
- Spinning wheel in good working order.
- E Spinners - must be PAT tested and in date (portable appliance test) if using mains electricity. Please supply an extension lead, also PAT tested. Alternatively use a battery pack which is fully charged.
- Any associated equipment required for your wheel eg sufficient bobbins, lazy kate, niddy noody, oil, spare leader yarn etc.
- Fibre preparation equipment eg hand cards, wool combs, blending board, drum carder.
- Other craft items you may like to bring eg knitting, crochet, weaving, felting.
- Any fibre preparation equipment must be adequately covered to protect the tines and cloth from damage and to prevent injury when not in use.
- All equipment should be labelled with your name to save confusion.
Grand Craft Exhibition:
- Hand Spun Yarn of Choice
- A Garment
- A Homeware
- An Accessory
- Hand Spinning
- Must be created from British Wool.
- Purchasing British Wool: There is no obligation to purchase from The Spinning Barn however if you choose to do so you will receive a 10% discount using the voucher code RETREAT10 at checkout. It is anticipated that a range of British Wools will be available in our online shop https://www.thespinningbarn.co.uk/shop by January 1st 2024.
- All items must be hand delivered or posted to The Spinning Barn by June 30th 2024 to facilitate collation of categories and plan the display. The display will be arranged on the night preceeding the start of the event.
- At the time of booking the retreat you will receive a label template to allow you to present the details of your chosen item/items.
- Any items to be posted should use a postal /courier tracking system and the delivery should be signed for. The Spinning Barn cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage of packages.
- Judges decisions are final.
The Spinning Barn Hand Spinning & Wellness Retreat - Terms and Conditions
Event Date: July 10th & 11th, 2024
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering for The Spinning Barn Hand Spinning & Wellness Retreat. By registering and participating in the event, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions:
1. Registration and Payment:
- All participants must register in advance and complete payment to secure their spot at the retreat.
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required at the time of booking. The final balance is payable no later than June 1st 2024.
- Registrations made later than June 1st 2024 will be required to pay the full amount at the time of booking.
2. Retreat Schedule:
- The schedule of events is subject to change at the discretion of the organisers. Registered participants will be notified of any changes in advance.
3. Health and Safety:
- Participants are responsible for their own health and safety during the retreat.
- The organisers are not liable for any injuries, accidents, or health issues that may occur during the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and considerate manner throughout the retreat.
- Any disruptive or inappropriate behavior may result in the participant being asked to leave without a refund.
5. Photography and Recording:
- Participants are permitted to take photographs and record videos for personal use, but they must obtain consent from others before including them in their photos or videos.
- The organisers may also take photographs and record videos for promotional purposes, and participants agree to grant permission for their likeness to be used.
6. Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- In the event of a cancellation by the organisers, registered participants will receive a full refund of the registration fee paid at that time, excluding the deposit.
- No refunds will be provided for participant-initiated cancellations of less than eight weeks prior to the retreat start date.
- The organisers are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings during the retreat.
- Participants are advised to obtain their own insurance for any unforeseen circumstances.
8. Changes to Terms and Conditions:
- The organisers reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Participants will be notified of any changes.
By registering for The Spinning Barn Hand Spinning & Wellness Retreat, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
- Sale ends: 09 Jul 2024, 17:00
Hand Spinning Retreat£345.00
Hand Spinning Retreat DEPOSIT
£50 deposit. Balance due by 10th please.£50.00